"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Vote Against Wisdom

From Fox News' exit poll:



















Let's posit that the older you are, the more responsibilty you have, the more experienced you are, and the more people you are likely to have depending on you, including spouses, children, and employees; while the younger you are, the more likely you are to be irresponsible, inexperienced, and to have no one depending on you.

This is the election in which America rejected wisdom, and opted for silliness and shallowness.

No comments:

Post a Comment