"It profits me but little that a vigilant authority always protects the tranquillity of my pleasures and constantly averts all dangers from my path, without my care or concern, if this same authority is the absolute master of my liberty and my life."

--Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Friday, November 2, 2012

Video of Romney Rally

A few notes about the Romney rally this morning at Wisconsin State Fair Park, attended by the Regular Wife, Regular Son, and yours truly.

1. We got there late and hundreds of people were already leaving because they couldn't get it.   The Products Pavilion held only 2,500 or so.   But probably around a thousand people ended up, like us, standing outside in the cold for two hours, listening to the speeches over loudspeakers.    Ultimately, we got very lucky because we got to see Romney up close when he stopped by outside to say hello.   We were probably thirty feet away, as the video below shows.

2. The crowds were very very energized, happy, upbeat, as was the candidate and, especially, Governor Scott Walker.   I think that they are really confident, and it showed.  

3. So the takeaways I have:  Republicans are energized, confident, happy warriors.   I think we're going to win this thing.

Here's the video.   About 4:30 I pan back and you can see the Regular Son with the next President in the background.   Pretty cool stuff to be able to share with your wife and kid.


No comments:

Post a Comment